“Personally, I don’t think STAP cells exist ” --- Dr. Lee

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: whatistruth 于 2014-04-03, 09:48:32:

回答: 李的review里并没有给出STAP细胞不存在的结论,结论估计是记者夹的私货。 由 asasasa 于 2014-04-02, 23:00:54:

方法不可复制的结果怎么去讨论那个方法的结果的反论?要从原理上讨论不可能?方法复制不出来、结果复制不出来不是反论?

引用:
Kenneth Ka-Ho Lee · The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Reviewer

Thank you all for your excellent suggestions on improving the data. Personally, I don’t think STAP cells exist and it will be a waste of manpower and research funding to carry on with this experiment any further.

I think this live-blogging is a good and bad idea:

Good in the sense that it will stimulate interest in the scientific community, so helping to draw younger scientists into the stem cell field.

Bad in the sense that you don’t have the time to think and carefully assess the data properly - as everyone expect you to post the results as soon as it is generated. E.g. In my case a 10 folds increase in Oct4 and Nanog expression is definitely not sufficient and we need to see at least 100 folds as in my previous post (see above Figure3 for iPSCs). And for Sox2 it is only at 2 fold increase - which is even worst.

I will no longer blog on this page any more. I want to get back to doing my own science interest.

Anyone want to collaborate with me to look at the function of the BRE gene which is a component of the BRCA1 and BRISC complex?

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/259984904_Stimulus-triggered_fate_conversion_of_somatic_cells_into_pluripotency/reviews/103

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明