more than mindful of the Iraq experience. We will not repeat that moment

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: cornbug 于 2013-08-30, 12:59:34:

The time will tell. I remember that one laser guided missile on Iraq was one R01 for 5 years. How many R01s will be killed when a cruise missile is unleashed? The one who is more than happy about the military intervention i can think of is China. Iraq war had given China a golden opportunity. To that end, the longer the war the better for China.

The White House has released declassified U.S. intelligence pointing to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons Aug. 21, fueling the debate on whether to strike Syrian targets.

In a speech Friday afternoon, Secretary of State John Kerry said the intelligence community has “high confidence” in the information, including reports that the rockets were fired from Assad-held territory into opposition-controlled or contested areas and that members of the Syrian regime were told to to prepare for the attack, including putting on gas masks.

“Our intelligence community has carefully reviewed and re-reviewed information regarding this attack. And I will tell you it has done so more than mindful of the Iraq experience. We will not repeat that moment,” Kerry said.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/08/30/kerry-says-intel-community-has-high-confidence-assad-used-chemical-weapons/#ixzz2dTZLuKsi

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明