Franken urged to reverse his resignation.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: ASH 于 2017-12-18, 10:49:51:

Franken是个倒霉鬼。不少民主党女参议员比如Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand正处于over-zealous状态。Gingrich说他们是一帮lynch mob,有几分道理。

引用:
"And what you saw today was a lynch mob. Let's not have due process. Let's not ask anybody any questions. Let's not have any chance to have a hearing. Let's just lynch him, because when we get done lynching him, we'll be so pure," Gingrich said.

Gingrich said the Democratic Party is "losing its mind."

The demands from Democrats that he step down were 'the
“What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” said West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin.

“The most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being — and then have enough guts to sit on the floor, watch him give his speech and go over and hug him? That’s hypocrisy at the highest level I’ve ever seen in my life. Made me sick,” Manchin said.

He added, “Here’s a man, that all he said [was], ‘Take me through the Ethics Committee. I will live by whatever decision and I will walk away thinking about this opportunity I’ve had while I was here. But you find out if I’m a predator.’”

Manchin said he hopes Franken reverses his decision, but even more that the senators who led the charge against him reconsider and call for the two-term senator to stay until the ethics process is complete.

“I hope they have enough guts ... and enough conscience and enough heart to say, ‘Al, we made a mistake asking prematurely for you to leave.’”

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明