all this fuss is just because American suddenly discovered

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: skipper3 于 2005-7-24, 01:38:47:

回答: NY Times: China Unpegs Itself 由 starfire 于 2005-7-23, 22:17:10:

that the paradigm of the economic order of the world has shifted in a way favoring Chinese. It is perceived by Americans that this shift will result in less options (and economic opportunities) US will command. Becasue option carries value many American people will feel they suddenly become not as rich as they used to be. But that's only perception. The reality could be all winners no losers. In this regard I think Chinese government's (and leading American corporations)official line is correct: the development of China brings great opportunities to US, if they can capture them.

The shift of paradigim is certainly a significant change and American people are not prepared for such change. It's natural in this kind of situation the initial reaction is resisting. Becasue US is such a powerful country, there is a danger that resistive thinking will result in negative action and lead to destruction.

Dealing with change is extremely difficult, especially when Americans have never seen or even thought about such change for generations, and for such a grand scale. I say American media is the first one to blame. They claim to have the most free media in the world but they failed to keep American people properly informed what is going on in the most populous country in the world. I don't think people in China are surprised at all about the nation's achievement. I think chinese have been expecting things to be this way or even better since "4 modernization".

Chinese government is alos responsible for not marketing the country's image successfuly. After all, for 2000 years, China's portion of economic output in the world has been quite stable, around 25-30%. It's share reaches the peak as late as 1830s. What is the big deal of "rising china" and blah blah?

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl