No, I am just blaming those claiming to be "naturalist" and only buy

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: mangolasi 于 2005-9-23, 16:41:41:

回答: 有日子没有去麦当劳了. 由 shine 于 2005-9-23, 16:13:49:

"organic" food, while driving an SUV...

Using organic food is alright. For the record, most of the time I buy orgainc chicken only. Why? they really taste differently (yup, I am bought up as a Gourmet Cantonese, and my family only buy free range farmer chicken). "用organic没有错,因为很多吃习惯的人不吃会得神经病.很多每隔三分钟就要祈祷自己长寿的人经常想不开的去买ORGANIC" how sharp!

But promoting it is a different story. Especially claiming eating organic food only is good for the society is rediculous. Like promoting "fair trade" is good for the farmers in the 3rd world...GM food can help feeding the people, because we have a larger and larger population, while the land is limited (and decreasing if you don't cut the forest). The only way we can feed the people (OK, only feasible way with current knowledge and imagination) is to increase the productivity per acre of land. How? we have to have new spieces of crops. Or we can increase the lands which is sutiable for farming--but we don't want to cut the forest. How? We make those land unsuitable to farm into farming land. One way is to change the land physically, or make the crop accomodating the adverse environment. GM might not be the only way, but that's the best way we can think out now.

Bottomline is, you can buy or eat whatever you want, but just don't labelling this personal choice as something noble, benficial. On one hand being profligate in water, plastic bags, oils, gas etc, on the other hand claiming GM food is "unnatural" and bad. Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?

But McDonald's is a big enterprise, and it should shoulder some social responsibility. Not adding fuel on the irrational hatred on GM food is one thing it can do (for the poor 3rd world farmers), so please don't do it even for marketing purpose. There are lots of other area you can marketing. Providing mroe healthy menu is one. Why tgargeting the innocent GM food that had been proven safe?

Organic farming is one luxury only the western countries can afford: even you don't use pesticides, you can artificially creat good irrigating and illuminating environment, which is very energy consuming.

I like McDonald's grill chicken sandwiches the most. Apple pie w/ tea the second.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl