“让婚姻这档子事见鬼去吧”-20年婚姻之后,47岁的喜剧演员,

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 田野 于 2009-07-29, 22:24:08:

回答: 新女性 (ZT) 由 湘女 于 2009-07-29, 22:04:11:

专栏作家Sandra Tsing Loh如是说:

"Sadly, and to my horror, I am divorcing. This was a 20-year partnership. My husband is a good man, though he did travel 20 weeks a year for work. I am a 47-year-old woman whose commitment to monogamy, at the very end, came unglued. This turn of events was a surprise."

“I can pick up our girls from school every day; I can feed them dinner and kiss their noses and tell them stories; I can take them to their doctor and dentist appointments; I can earn my half—sometimes more—of the money; I can pay the bills; I can refinance the house at the best possible interest rate; I can drive my husband to the airport; in his absence, I can sort his mail; I can be home to let the plumber in on Thursday between nine and three, and I can wait for the cable guy; I can make dinner conversation with any family member; I can ask friendly questions about anybody’s day; I can administer hugs as needed to children, adults, dogs, cats; I can empty the litter box; I can stir wet food into dry.

Which is to say I can work at a career and child care and joint homeownership and even platonic male-female friendship. However, in this cluttered forest of my 40s, what I cannot authentically reconjure is the ancient dream of brides, even with the Oprah fluffery of weekly “date nights,” when gauzy candlelight obscures the messy house, child talk is nixed and silky lingerie donned, so the two of you can look into each other’s eyes and feel that “spark” again. ...”

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200907/divorce

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明