一篇七月七号人民日报英文版的关于唐骏的文章,看模样不是很端正。掩盖了部分事实

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 生铁 于 2010-07-07, 22:30:46:

在唐骏的英文维基也卖弄下方的参考页面看到的,基本上全篇都是唐骏的辩解,而且对于某些事实存在不实之处,比如没有提到唐骏《我的成功可以复制》的第一版,而只提到电子版。

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90882/7055054.html

Former president of Microsoft China Tang Jun on Tuesday sought to dispel a rumor that he faked his academic credentials in the United States after remaining silent over the matter for the past five days.

"I've never said I graduated from the California Institute of Technology (CIT). I only said I had done some research there," said Tang, the current president and CEO of the New Huadu Industrial Group.
加州理工大学是CALTECH,不是CIT,记者写文章都不去核实一下的

"Instead, I got my doctors degree at the California-based Pacific Western University," he told China Daily.
这句话再次立此存照

Tang's remarks came after Fang Zhouzi, who is known as a "science cop" for battling against pseudoscience and academic misconduct, accused Tang of fabricating a doctoral degree from CIT, the ownership of two patents and entrepreneurship early in his career in the US.

"All these are false accusations," Tang said on Tuesday while commenting on the matter to China Daily, State broadcaster CCTV and China National Radio.

"He (Fang) is so eager to become famous that it drives him crazy. Should I show him my marriage certificate if he said it's faked? Should I present him with my passport if he said it's faked?" Tang asked.
先从动机上来质疑对方,显示出其人格的卑劣。这种话之前是从其秘书口中说出,现在直接从唐骏口中说出,骗子形象更丰满了。后半句是傻子逻辑。

Later the same day, Tang said on his Sina.com microblog that his lawyer has suggested launching a lawsuit against Fang, either in China or the US.
还要去美国打官司,估计是在放空炮。

Starting on July 1, Fang began to make accusations against Tang on his own Sina.com microblog, saying that Tang had written in his book My Success Could Be Duplicated that he received a doctoral degree in computer science from CIT and owned the copyrights to two patients in the US.

Fang said he checked the names of graduates from CIT's computer science department and failed to find the name Jun Tang, the name that Tang used when he entered Microsoft in 1994.

Fang said he also checked the patent database of the US Patent and Trademark Office since 1976 and found that the two patents Tang claimed to own - a rating system for karaoke bars and a machine for producing photo stickers - are actually owned by other people.

After Tang responded that he graduated from Pacific Western University, Fang went on the attack again on Tuesday, claiming the university had been closed by the US government in 2006 for selling degrees.

According to Wikipedia, Pacific Western University had two campuses in the US. The one in Hawaii was closed in 2006 following a lawsuit filed by the State of Hawaii, which has taken legal action against more than 66 unaccredited schools since 2000.

The other campus, based in San Diego, California, was renamed the California Miramar University (CMU) in 2007 after operating as the Pacific Western University (California). It is a nationally accredited private institution of higher learning, Wikipedia said.
由于维基可自由编辑,我不觉得直接用维基来做参考来源很严谨,而应该把维基页面内链接的文章拿来做参考。用“Wikipedia said”让我觉得很不专业。

Fang also said that despite Tang not saying in his book that he had received a doctoral degree from CIT, the claim appears in the e-version, which is available online.
胡编乱造开始了,方舟子明明说过除了电子版,第一版可也是白纸黑字的写着,这里只给保留了似乎很容易造假的电子版。后文也根据这一点让唐骏显得很无辜。

In his defense, Tang explained that Pacific Western University (California) is a "fourth-tier university". He told CCTV: "It was not a great honor for me to obtain a doctoral degree there. Therefore, I didn't include that information in my book."
“四流大学”是一个唐骏的新提法,此处唐骏的理由是他出于羞耻之心而不是看到被人揭发才没有加进那句话。这里唐骏对第一版的事实也视而不见。

However, he was unable to explain why the e-version of his book, as well as most of his CVs on the Internet, all stated that he had obtained his doctoral degree from CIT.
唐骏显得很无辜。

In regard to the claims over the patents, Tang said he developed the theory, software, hardware and applications for the karaoke machine.
“theory, software, hardware and applications ”没有用,唐骏就是拿不出证据。

"They are my original and professional inventions. I know the theory better than anyone. It's all in my brain."
什么逻辑?

When asked whether he could back up his claims, Tang paused and said he would try to do so, though it was 17 years ago.
骗子常用句,年代久远,忽悠事实已不可考。但如果真是专利持有人,绝对不会这么说。

However, netizens do not seem to be bothered about where Tang actually achieved his degree or if he owns patents.
这里,广大网民被“代表”了

By Tuesday night, about 76 percent of 4,760 respondents to an online survey on sohu.com said they consider a person's abilities to be of greater importance than academic credentials, while less than 1 percent thought otherwise.
调查出自sohu.com,结果就很可以理解了。看看sohu关于这一事件的专题,就可以知道sohu的倾向性,张朝阳和唐骏似乎关系挺密切,前段时间爆出唐骏拍电影,拉李开复,张朝阳,马云等一干IT精英跑龙套等等。

Xu Fan contributed to this story
此Xu Fan即为“ 李欣对记者表示,《中国日报》编辑徐帆对她说,他们报社的一位审稿人(美国人)对徐帆表示,唐骏就读的CMU“还不错,美国人都知道”。”的这个徐帆。

Source:China Daily

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明