To be honest, I am a bit sick of your feeling superiority as a ShangHai citizen.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: mangolasi 于 2005-7-08, 07:59:04:

回答: 再谈上海人观念。代回答上海工人,也回hunhunsheng一干人等。 由 bluesea 于 2005-7-08, 06:06:46:

The sickest part is your contempt towards "小农", which is in their nature the most laissez-faire--much more so than those working for big business and pretending to be the elites. Hong Kong has this spirit, hence its vitality is from small businesses(they don't aim at MSFT, Intel, GM etc etc in the first place), not from Li Ka Shing--by the way, few HK people and Cantoneses think Li Ka Shing and the like is the source of HK today. The fact that some large businesses (HSBC, Hutchison, Heng Sheng for local, and some others for Asia-Pacific headquarter) are located in HK is not becuase HK lure them actively at the first place. It's because HK has lots of small business, and hence a spirit of lassez-faire, and (with nice rule of law) hence a good business environment. HK don't plan it at the first place--don't plan to be "international" at the first place. HK GOT it as a result. Being "international" is the need as things unfold. HKers are actually (healthily) doubt big projects, they care about rent, about wage and the according law. TV always have complain of the small businesses about the "deteriation of business environment"(营商环境恶化). And this is what people worry--they don't think being HKers, the citizens would automatically creat an environment good for business. They don't trust other people's good faith and fight hard to keep the environment best for them. You think being a SHer would automatically entitle you this super power. Of course, HK people, as a whole, are more racists, more conservative (i.e. more like Republican in US), and they are not perfect. But in a small and easily managerable city, this is more desirable in order to keep the economy going.

I have very few Chinese friends outside HK and Canton, thus I could not do the comparision. But I believe the culture in each area has its own advantages. And even some culture fits current environment better/worse, it doesn't automatically give the same superior/inferior characters to citizens living in that area. And obviously you don't know any rich (but not super rich) HK businessman outside media, and I even doubt you know any rich real SH businessman outside the media. HK small businessmen (not those rich enough to make it through the media) are more realistic, low-key, family oriented than you thought.

And I am proud to be a Cantonese, and proud of Cantonese grass-root culture--for no reason other than I was born and bought up in such a culture, and the superb food (other than cat meat) in Canton.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl