i have a better one

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: kma 于 2010-10-30, 16:18:59:

回答: your example is no good 由 kma 于 2010-10-30, 16:01:15:

the questions from "who wants to be millionaire" cna be used as good measurement of how much one knows about america.

i was quite a fan of this popular show, i found one interesting thing:

i have better chance to answer the supposed more difficult Q than the easier one.

those 100-1000 $ Qs were mostly about common knowledge of american culture, if one was born here, should be no problem. but for me i know very few answers.

the diffiuclt ones were more about universal knowledge than just about america. i remember one half million Q was what geological phase the earth is in, i think the answer is tertiary, but thsi Q was supposed to be quite difficult fro common americans.

i also remember a very interesting episode. an ABC, maybe a student of UC irvine, ahd difficulty answering even the msot preliminary quesitons (he diidn't go beyond 1000 $ range and left without earning anyhting), it's so shock and rare that even the host phibin seemed also embarrased. i was also shocked, perhaps he was born in asia and only later immigrated, htough his english certainly sounded like an ABC; or his parents was so strict on him that he had no time to know america

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明